While libraries are awesome and we provide lots of entertainment, we know that for some of you it's all about how we can help you get through school.
Every Tuesday and Thursday from 3pm, and Saturday mornings from 9am
HSC students can now use extra study spaces provided at Oran Park Library.
All you need is your school ID!
HSC Help Videos
Here are some videos to help with the HSC, both on current curriculum topics, as well as tips and hints on how to better answer exam questions.
State Library Zoom Meetings
Smart research for HSC students online session
The current learning environment is particularly challenging for HSC students. Our specialist librarians have put together a series of online workshops that will help students find the right tools, manage citations, recognise the best quality information sources and most importantly save valuable time. Sessions will be offered via Zoom and topics covered are:
- Finding the right sources online: 21 May 4.30–5 pm
- Getting better results from your searches: 28 May 4.30–5 pm
- Better searching with online resources: 4 June 4.30–5 pm
- Citing your work and avoiding plagiarism: 11 June 4.30–5 pm
- Essential Library resources for your research and study: 18 June 4.30–5 pm.
Books, Study and More
You may have started your search with Google, but try some of these other sources of information for your assignments/study:
- Books! Can be found in the library and as eBooks.
- Articles from Journals and Newspapers can be found via our E-Research page.
- Encyclopaedias. Yes, Wikipedia is easy to use, but try one of these instead.
- NAPLAN - Past papers and answers Year 7 & 9 NAPLAN
Still can't find what you want? We can help you! Come and see us at one of our libraries. Or ask us a Question Online. Or Book-a-Librarian (one-to-one information help).
We also run workshops on how to find information, check out What's On for the current program.
FREE ONLINE TUTORING VIA STUDIOSITY
Studiosity creates an online classroom, via 'Connect Live' where students are connected to qualified tutors for one-to-one help with homework, assignments, exam preparation and study questions. Students can also submit essays to 'Writing Feedback', to receive spelling, grammatical and structural feedback.
Click here to try it out - Sunday to Friday 3pm-10pm
Check out the video of how it works